Tuesday 5 August 2014

Was it a waste of time?

I did not take any weddings for 2014 because I was involved in a commercial project at CCM in Woodstock, ON, a brand new mini shopping mall on the southeast of the city. For seven months I was responsible for creating and maintaining their website and social media pages. I  photographed products and food and created all the promotional materials.

Because fine art has always been a passion of mine and computers were my field of work for over 15 years, it is only natural that I feel comfortable using the computer to create my art. I love transforming a photograph into a beautiful piece of art. You can find my work in fine art by going to  www.etphotography.ca and clicking the Fine Art link.

While managing CCM, I ran my own small portrait studio where I created a body of fine art work and at the same time, photographed family and modern female portraits with more emphasis in my Signature Style portraiture.

A couple of months ago the owner of CCM decided to sell the property and the project came to an end.

So, was it wasted time? I don't think so. The past year was an amazing learning experience. It gave me a chance to take workshops and classes by some of the top photographers and marketing teachers in the world, and I have a much clearer view of what I want to achieve in my photography and artistic career. I am working hard now to re-establish my business in Ontario and focus on reaching my desired target market.

I have some exciting ideas coming in the near future and will be updating here and on social media.



Until then, stay creative.

Eduardo Tavares Signature Style Portraiture

No comments:

Post a Comment